Street Outreach & After Hours Coordinator
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under general guidance from immediate supervisor, the Coordinator provides oversight, supervision and direction for the street outreach program including overseeing of staff, community partnerships, and program data collection. This program will serve homeless youth 16-21 in the San Fernando Valley in order to facilitate placement into housing and/or making referrals to social service agencies to meet client’s needs.
The coordinator will work in coordination with agency staff and community partners to address the broad array of client needs through internal resources and/or referral to providers of necessary services. The program coordinator will provide direct case management services as well as perform duties that include outreach, prevention and risk reduction, and crisis intervention, general education on topics such as substance abuse, mental health services and various other service offerings.
This position with the Drop-In Center is responsible for minimizing the psychological, physical, and social barriers that may deter TAY and LGBTQ (Lesbian Gay Bi-Sexual Transgender & Questioning) youth from seeking and accepting needed services and resources.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s Degree in Social Science or related field required.
- BBS Licensed/Registered Professional (LCSW, LMFT,ACSW, MFT Intern)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a supervisor required.
- Must possess valid California Driver’s license and state required registration and insurance
- Able to work in a flexible time schedule.
- Knowledge and experience with Transitional Age Youth, Shelters and shelter populations, homeless population, substance abuse, and LGBTQ youth
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of child welfare and community outreach
- Has working knowledge of laws and regulations relative to Drop In Center services and population, including HIPAA, and MHSA regulations
- Experience with multiple child, welfare and community programs
- Bilingual English/Spanish Strongly Preferred
- CPR & First Aid Certified
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All of the responsibilities listed below are considered essential functions of this position. Additionally, this position is expected to ensure that the core operating values and the strategic direction of the agency are adhered to.
- Coordinate with HR department to ensure proper training of outreach workers
- Complete bi-weekly schedules for all outreach workers/drivers to ensure proper coverage at night as well as coverage for open hours at the DIC.
- Fill in for outreach workers/drivers when needed
- Maintain necessary records, prepare reports and oversee data collection/entry utilizing NEORHYMIS database.
- Oversee all outreach program activities, including chart audits.
- Ensure that program supplies and equipment including Life Kits, Notepads, cell phones are obtained and maintained according to TVFS policy and procedure.
- Provide group services to clients at the DIC
- Work with program staff to promote a comprehensive knowledge of the scope, purpose/role and eligibility requirements of available services provided.
- Assists clients by managing use of services, and expediting service delivery through proper linkage activities.
- Coordinates and/or facilitates supportive activities including employment assistance programs, job readiness training, financial educations, parenting skills etc. to clients.
- Communicate and coordinate services with lead client coordinator and outpatient mental health department as needed/required.
- Able to set and observe appropriate boundaries with clients and staff
- Train program staff and any volunteers.
- Provide ongoing and weekly supervision for program staff, to include review of case notes and partner with outpatient mental health as needed for client coordination meetings
- Assist in the development of program policies and procedures to ensure agency compliance with funding sources.
- Ensure program compliance with contract requirements.
- Interface and collaborate with community liaisons and partner agencies to monitor service delivery and address any barriers in a proactive manner.
- Ensure that all program paperwork is properly completed, and that paperwork deadlines are met, including referrals, authorizations, assessments, progress notes, incident reports, billing summaries.
- Ensure 24-hour availability and crisis intervention on an as needed basis.
- Attend regularly scheduled agency wide meetings, community meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Conduct all functions in accordance with Agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Comply with applicable professional licensing or certification requirements and ethics.
- Arrange work schedule or required hours to the benefit of the Department/Program with the approval of immediate supervisor.
Confidentiality and Privacy
Adheres to all legal parameters for ensuring and maintaining clients’ confidentiality including HIPAA, State and Federal laws.
United States-North Hollywood