Job – Domestic Violence Facilitator
Domestic Violence Facilitator
Under the general supervision of the Program Coordinator; The Domestic Violence Facilitator provides direct services to the clients of domestic violence. Recruits, trains and maintains a group clients of domestic violence. Refers clients to community agencies and support institutions. Provides clients information on legal services available for their protection, safety, and support. Compiles statistics and information for reports and audits.
1. Facilitate in a 52 week domestic violence and/or anger management program classes.
2. Prepare progress reports on behalf of clients referred from court
3. Prepare client documentation and program forms
4. Provide coverage relief for other instructors as necessary
5. Perform other duties as assigned
6. Educates clients on the criminal justice system, problems of domestic violence and the available community resources to help prevent abuse.
7. Provides crisis intervention to clients of domestic assault addressing immediate and long-term needs. Explains office policy regarding criminal charges.
8. Provides clients information on legal services available for their protection, safety and support. Provides clients with emotional support and reassurance.
9. Provides notification of pre-trials, trials, pleas and sentencing. Explains the process and meaning of various steps in the proceedings.
10. Completes performance reports and audit information, which may be required for grant monies. Maintains records of activities associated with the program and prepares grant reports.
11. Provides public education through public speaking and other means on safety planning related to domestic assault and related issues.
1. Completion of 40 hour certification of Batterers’ Intervention Facilitator Program.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. Bilingual-English/Spanish Required
4. Minimum Two (2) year experience required.
North Hollywood, CA