Job – Staff Accountant II
Staff Accountant II
The Staff Accountant II will be primarily responsible for monitoring financials status of all LAHSA grants, including but not limit to preparing for monthly invoices and perform related bookkeeping, create budget for new proposed grants, perform forecasting for existing grant and closely monitor against to budget, preparing for monthly grant financial reports for meeting with program managers. Assist with other accounting tasks assigned based on department needs. Performs relatively complex accounting duties including maintenance and analysis of accounting records.
The Staff Accountant II reports to the Controller and supports the accounting department in providing financial reports to managers, board, and other staff members.
• Prepare for monthly invoices for all grants and follow up with payments. Record related A/R entries into accounting system.
• Closely monitor all grants financial status against budget. Prepare for monthly forecasting for all grants. Prepare monthly financial reports for meeting with program managers.
• Create budget for new proposed grants.
• Create budget modification for existing grants if needed.
• Keep track of all internal and external due dates and create and submit reports according to requirements before due dates.
• Perform other accounting and finance related duties according to department needs.
• Assist during audits and be flexible to work over time during busy season.
• Advance skill in MS Excel
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Detail oriented
This position requires a person of intelligence and integrity who is highly motivated and team oriented; enjoys analytical work and processes involving many people and issues; has demonstrated a commitment to TVFS’s goals and mission; can work under deadlines and maintain a cooperative spirit in a demanding work environment; and has a sense of humor.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or 3 + year’s experience of Accounting in a non-profit organization
2. The Staff Accountant II will demonstrate and possess many of the following qualifications:
• Experience and knowledge of GAAP, general ledger and financial statements. Fund accounting knowledge and experience preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in accounts receivable and/or accounts payable functions
• Non Profit and/or Government contract experience
• Knowledge of MIP Fund Accounting system preferred
• Advance skills in MS Excel